All of our social and service activities are coordinated on our MeetUp page.
Social & Sanity
WHA creates a community of support through special interest groups. Sharing common interests keeps us involved, stimulated, and positive. We do a variety of social events for adults and kids. Adult social events range from lunch/dinner, bunco, movie night and painting. If you have a special interest or talent, come talk to us, and you could host the event or we can help plan the event. We are always looking for fun things to do such as shopping, antiquing, crafting, quilting, sewing, hiking, biking…anything!
Please contact our Social Chair with any questions.
We engage in a variety of service activities.
Examples of past service activities include but are not limited to:
- Donations and meals to the Fisher House
- Deployed Spouse/Family Support Events:
- Deployers’ Picnics
- Volunteering at Wreaths Across America
- Bagel & Coffee Give Back to various hospital departments
- Wounded Warrior Adaptive Sports Program
- Support various 59th MDW celebrations, recognitions, and ceremonies
- Creating personal journals for oncology patients
- Care packages for families of hospitalized pediatric and NICU patients
- Provide financial support to various departments and military organizations
Please contact our Service Chair with any questions